Wednesday, September 3, 2008

this is the worst sales pitch ever.

i am asking you to do something that i don't even do. but there's a reason i'm asking: i know that some of you are already doing it, but i think you should collaborate.

what don't i do? loan on kiva. what do a lot of you do? loan on kiva. how can you collaborate? by creating a lending team.

in the past two weeks i have received two emails and read one blog asking me to be part of a lending team. ignored! i just didn't want to. for no particular reason. and then i remembered (not that i ever forgot, nick) that one of my favorite friends WORKS FOR KIVA and he is the genius behind the wheel. okay, maybe that's too much credit (i don't know, is it?). and then i have another friend working as a fellow in kenya (yah zack!). at least if i am too lazy to support the idea/good works/process of kiva, i can support my friends. literally and figuratively.

so i'm starting small. before my twenty-fourth, i'm going to join a lending team. i'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

[Anna] said...

EMILY! LEND ON KIVA!!!!!

lori lester said...

I LOVE kiva...and i recently heard about lending teams but I don't think I understand them...Is it just people who are already loaning making themselves into a club? Does it somehow increase loans...I need more info!

Nick Baer said...

Hey Emily, thanks for the worst sales pitch ever! It wasn't my idea, but I helped to design and market it.

Two teams you might be interested in are Bloggers and Westmont College.

If anyone needs more info, here is a link to a more detailed blog post.

http://kivanews.blogspot.com/2008/08/new-lending-teams-feature.html