Sunday, February 15, 2009

dalmatian is spelled with an A, not an O.

it took eight hours to get to tahoe on friday night. yes, you read that right. EIGHT HOURS. it was supposed to take four. awesome. no-no, i take that back. the awesome part was me slipping on ice and spinning my car THREE times even though my tires were wearing chains. after the third time, i put my car in park, opened the door and yelled I'M NOT DOING THIS ANYMORE. DILLON, DRIVE NOWWWWW, in the least demanding way possible, of course. and eventually we arrived.

quite possibly the best ski conditions i've ever experienced. heavenly was.. heavenly. it was amazing to ski with my big brother, carter, who is a kick ass snowboarder. he kept encouraging me to be more adventurous, quickly forgetting that at age eleven i was run over by another skier and woke up in the emergency room with a concussion [that was awesome, too].

and riley. that boy. my almost-two-year-old nephew is a piece of work. and a ham, all at once. he comes complete with a black eye and a squirmy body that loves to pronounce snow as "noah."

so good to relax with my mom, two out of three of my brothers and sisters-in-laws, and my roommates. and play cranium. note to self: when spelling dalmatian backwards, remember there are no O's in the word. at all.

me, mom, carter.


dillon, me, carter, dan, mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahhaaha you are hilarious. And, I LOOOve your coat! Hottie!

s h o n n a said...

we were playing cranium and you had to spell Connecticut backwords and my friend joe started with a y. he got confused and thought it was kentucky. terrible yet hilarious

p.s. who's jacket is that??

Lesley Miller said...

I am so so so jealous. The first good snow all season long and we went to SB. Which, of course, I cannot complain about. But still.