Sunday, February 8, 2009

we interrupt this broadcast for a dose of reality.

ever since being back from israel i CANNOT get back into my life. besides the fact that i wake up and my eye lids are swollen shut and my throat feels awful near my tonsils and i've been addicted to turkey bacon, not much has changed. 


reality tells me: it's time to mail in your tax information. it's time to get your applications together for internships. it's time to catch up on the twenty days you're behind for oneyear. it's time to be a better daughter. it's time to get your m-one license. it's time to write those thank you notes. it's time to send those packages. it's time to do everything you're avoiding. 

how therapist of me to ask, "why is it you're avoiding this, self?" 
and how normal of me to respond, "shut up, self, shut up. i am so NOT sitting in the chair with you right now."

1 comment:

s h o n n a said...

it's not just you. it's all of us.