Saturday, February 7, 2009

he's just not that into ME.

i saw the movie and enjoyed it. i didn't so much like the part where they elaborated on the "exception"-- still giving women hope that a man and a marriage would make their lives complete or that they will be the exception. but what can i expect from a chick flick? it's always the same message (one of complete bull-shit-and-not-so-much-reality). 


but. seriously. let's commit to stop lying to each other. 

me: "if he emailed me and i emailed him back and it's been over a week and i haven't heard back from him, he's just not that into me, RIGHT?"

friend: "nah. it's an out of sight, out of mind thing. if he saw you, he'd be into you."

me: [hopeful] "so you're saying there's a chance?"

friend: "yes, definitely. text him when you visit."

reality: "emily, my dear, he's really not into you. quit wasting your time checking your email and hoping the iphone vibration in your pocket is from him. it's most likely the listserv of bay area therapists or penis enlargement spam, which clearly doesn't apply to you. why don't you go work on making the world a better place?"

me: "i guess."

No comments: