Thursday, February 19, 2009

last week i wasn't doing so hot.

this week is a whole different story.

TWO AMAZING THINGS HAPPENED TODAY (and i realize you might not care, but when i look back at this thing i want to remember these really cool professional moments. okay? thanks.):

one. i got chosen (one of two practicum students!) to be part of a psych diagnostic assessment team at a pace program (an all inclusive method of care for the elderly-- think one stop shopping for all of your mental/physical health needs) in the city. i am so freaking excited-- more clients to see and learning to do. the more i do this, the more I LOVE OLD PEOPLE (my grandparents are totally stoked right now. hi grandma!). and dementia. i can't seem to get enough dementia. COME ON- it's the number one fear of aging adults. why not jump right in the middle of it? that's what i'm talking about. ps. did you know we have ONE GERONTOLOGIST FOR EVERY EIGHTY TWO THOUSAND BABY BOOMERS? this equals a mighty big problem. get worried.

two. i got an interview. right now i'm just a practicum student. post masters degree i'll be a licensed intern (hot damn) and i'll be able to hopefully get a real job where you make real money instead of my current situation where i work a real job and i get paid in monopoly money and treasures stored up in heaven [dbj]. and now is the time to be looking for internships. the problem is... most of the internships out there are UNPAID. (can you hear the crowd yelling BOOOOOO? yah, i can too). instead i need to look for a job where they hire license eligible mft's (that would be me, come july). so.. i applied for a job and wrote in my cover letter, I'M APPLYING IN FEBRUARY, I KNOW. I'M NOT SILLY, I JUST REALLY WANT A JOB. WILL YOU HIRE ME IN JULY? and today i got a phone call asking me to interview (here is where the crowd goes WILD).

here's to drinks with julie, interview prep with nathan, fondue with bill and rita on saturday and kristy coming this weekend.

CHEERS.

4 comments:

Lesley Miller said...

Fabulous news!! Now, can you give me some advice on my grandma who has dementia?

Sorta serious...we should chat sometime.

s h o n n a said...

bad news for fabio...
good news for emily!

cg said...

congrats on the interview!!

Anonymous said...

wooo hoooooooooo! Yay for the interview. you're treasures stored up in heaven and monopoly money comments cracked me up.