Sunday, March 15, 2009

a big heart ache.

there's a jack johnson song titled "if i could" that says, "new life makes losing life easier to understand." i believe that's true, usually. i guess i say usually because it makes sense when a new baby is born and an older person dies. but this weekend, the reality of those words didn't comfort me like they have in the past.


i started balling in church today as i found out that my friend's sister lost her babies. we were hanging onto hope and praying that the last four would make it but they didn't. and just yesterday i got an email from a different friend: "eliana was born at 1:14... and is a precious gift." there was a photo included; she is beautiful.

two different families. celebration and mourning. life and death.

joy for one family and devastation for another. i hate this dichotomy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah it's hard to mourn and rejoice. my bible study and I prayed for the tippings tonight.. i prayed that wim would be able to mourn and not have to be strong. and that they would know God is there.

s h o n n a said...

if anyone knows... its me. my condolences.