Thursday, June 18, 2009

redemption.

the definition in my own words: something receiving worth or value when it might have previously lost its value. to change for the better, really.

i'm a pretty cynical person. i don't often conceptualize how things can be redemptive for myself, which is strange because i have no problem doing it for my clients. but today was different as i experienced this process in a whole new way. it's not exactly appropriate to give details in such a public place, but i can say this: it's a hard process to find beauty from ashes. but if you're searching for it, and asking for help, you might just find something...

...my something was an apology that i didn't know i needed. it was me reading a letter that was clear and well thought out. it was me choosing to believe that he really is better than the way he treated me. it was me taking personal responsibility. and it was me creating closure without him. redemption is God turning my ashes to beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are awesome and inspiring.

emilykatz said...

but you teach me everything i know.