Tuesday, June 16, 2009

wandering.

i am so thankful in this moment for the friend who guides me and encourages me to be a better person. for the friend who made the decision with me to refuse to continue to act the way we've been acting. for the friend who asks me the existential questions, knowing full well that i have no idea the answers and i will sit in silence because i cannot fix this. and for the friend who is learning to ask for what she needs, even if it means she just needs to feel beautiful.

and now i can't sleep. i am proud of myself for choosing authenticity and clear communication. i am amazed that i mustered up the courage to initiate the conversation, even if the way i started meant hearing, "that is so therapist of you." as the tears form in the corners of my eyes, i think about the grace i've been given. it is good to be reminded that all that glitters is not gold, all who wander are not lost.

No comments: