Thursday, April 17, 2008

holla back, [to 1993] girl.



that girl is ms. mariah [carey]. lately she's been all over the tube- from oprah to american idol. selling more music than elvis will do that for you, i guess. anyway. seeing her everywhere has taken me back to being nine and saving every penny to purchase a ninety-nine dollar single disc boom box and mariah's (in my opinion) best cd: music box from wherehouse music in canyon country. those were the days.


music box consists of everyones' favorites:
1. dreamlover. tell us what you need mariah, we're listening.
2. hero. it just reminds us that we can all be heros. just look inside yourself, duh.
3. now that i know. damn! that made me shake my nine year old hips, cause it wasn't make believe anymore.
4. without you. i think i sang this to myself as my ten year old boyfriend broke up with me. damn you, matt henry.
5. i've been thinking about you. another dance hit. i think i made up not one, but two dance routines to this one.

right now i'm real bummed that i only have my computer speakers. it's just not loud enough.

and... i still know ALL of the lyrics. awesome.

2 comments:

Laura Ortberg Turner said...

even though i would have to take issue with your choice of 'best mariah album' (i think it clearly goes to daydream), i do love the fact that you used the phrase 'nine year old hips' in a sentence. awesome.

Megan said...

i effing love old school mariah. that's a late-night-tax-season favorite of mine.