Sunday, April 27, 2008

i look like his ex, apparently.

i just bought three pairs of tickets to a show that i only want one pair for. i couldn't help it, the seats just kept getting better and better. lori, get ready cause we're fourth row center. i'll sell the other sets, no worries.

this weekend was uhh... well, interesting and.. good. nick came to town to run a marathon so we hung out and i also got to see some other westmont people. all good, in the end... and! last night i went to the swell season show with lis, julie and erin. it was neat to hear glen describe the song "falling slowly"-- the football was only supposed to hit the back of the fence, but for some reason it went over the fence, over the park, over the river and into the next state (winning an oscar). and when he played "all the way down" i cried; life changing moments, really. and music is just better live. and mar was just as beautiful on stage as in the movie; her voice is perfectly smooth.

this weekends life lesson: you have more power with silence. that is, if you even want the power.

by the way: is it a compliment (or not) if someone said to me: "you look exactly like my ex-girlfriend!" my response: "uhh... thanks, i guess?"

8 comments:

d.l.s. said...

What show and when?

emilykatz said...

patty and amos...

lori lester said...

i can't believe you bought 3 sets of tickets...but I can't wait to be that close to Patty...Good work E!

Lisa said...

patty G? also, i clicked on the link to the swell season and it was all in espanol?? what's that about?

Joe Bunting said...

That's so great you got to see them, Emily. It sounds like an unforgettable experience. It's so funny because I rarely get anything from live shows (which sucks because I'm a musician and have to play them). I'm way more of a recording guy. I'm glad you like them. I'm glad you cried ;)

s h o n n a said...

i wrote you back on my blog... dont know if it made it back to you.

MUAH

amy said...

i love the swell group. awesome and deep, longing.

Anna said...

If he was hot: "That's funny, you look like my NEXT boyfriend."

That one's free, but I'm going to charge you for that kind of material next time.