Monday, November 10, 2008

let's save some money.

i've decided i need to capitalize on my student-who-is-working-for-pennies fund and share with you my wealth (haha, get it?) of knowledge regarding saving money. THAT'S A LIE: i'm a horrible spender and budgeter and all i can do is try to get better. so, this is me trying. in this economic crisis, that oddly enough is effecting me, i'm going to be more intentional with my funds. and i thought i'd share with you (or mostly, putting it here makes it feel like i have to stick to it more cause it's in writing) all of the corners i'm cutting. yesssss. get ready.

today's cut corner: shaving with water. NOT EVEN KIDDING. i've been doing it for the last seven years, and if my calculations are correct, i've saved: $168. don't you want to save $168?!?

i'm not sure i recommend it for the boys, but all the ladies: try it! you MIGHT get razor burn after the first time but after that, it's all downhill. or flat. it's all flat, cause downhill hurts my knees.

3 comments:

[Anna] said...

Agreed. To date, I believe that I've used shaving gel approximately 6 times and have never purchased it myself (only borrowed from my sister who's a compulsive shaver). You don't have to do straight up water though, I use conditioner sometimes or just body wash.

Helpful tip Em. If I were my husband I would recommend you read the book Smart Women Finish Rich - a book that is not so much about being rich as it is about being financially responsible. :)

Maggie said...

amen. although, i'm with anna. i use body wash. i mean, it's going on your legs anyway, why not let it pull double duty.

Marta said...

$168?! It's amazing how much money can be saved over time by forgoing a non-essential. I use conditioner. Or sometimes even bar soap. But given that its in the 30s now in Chicago, keeping the legs smooth isn't much of a priority.